AMPCOLOY® High Copper Alloy
- A polished hard version copper alloy without coating or lead and clean trace elements.
- Best material for injection moulding and welding, with the highest thermal conductivity for mould problems.
- An alternative to Wolfram cathodes for cathode welding material.
- Increases productivity of plastic injection while decreasing their cycle times.
- Also used for food approval, aluminium deep drawing and tube bending.
AMPCOLOY® High Copper alloys are engineered with exceptional conductivity, high strength and unique wear characteristics, delivering higher lifetime, quality and performance, with cleaner trace elements. Copper has a face-centered cubic lattice, allowing it to have good cold working properties in addition to high electrical and thermal conductivity. With the addition of carefully selected alloying elements in well-defined proportion, high copper alloys develop the necessary strength and hardness properties with little decrease in electrical conductivity. These material are used in critical applications where both conductivity and mechanical properties are required.
With over a century of expertise, AMPCO METAL and its AMPCOLOY® product line are synonymous with premium quality for critical applications.