HIGH COPPER ALLOY
AMPCOLOY® 940 SAND CASTED
AMPCOLOY® 940 is a patented alloy which meets the demands of users of the RWMA class 3 alloys without Beryllium.
AMPCO® developed this alloy to help customers meet stricter health and safety regulations regarding the use of noxious elements in many of the countries in which they operate.
AMPCOLOY® 940 replaces the AMPCOLOY® 95 in almost all applications.
AMPCOLOY® 940 is used wherever a good electrical or thermal conductivity is required together with high mechanical properties:
- Electrode holders and seam welding shafts
- Spot welding electrodes, seam welding discs, projection and butt welding dies, principally for stainless steel and Monel
- Plunger tips for cold chamber aluminium die casting machines
- Parts of moulds for injection moulding of plastics, injection-nozzles and cooling pins
- Brake drums for paper winding rolls
- Parts for energy engineering