AMPCO METAL produces a number of engineered high performance aluminum bronze and specialty copper alloys using a patented technology called MICROCAST®. Based on the exclusive magnetic steering (Magneto-Hydro-Dynamic) at the melting/casting furnace, this manufacturing process produces an extremely fine grain and uniform microstructure, promoting excellent dispersion of the alloy chemical elements for consistency quality and durability.
Advantages/Benefits of MICROCAST® AMPCO® alloys
AMPCO METAL’s patented MICROCAST® manufacturing process for continuous cast rod, rectangle and tube, affords the following benefits:
- Fine and most uniform grain size available vs. standard products.
- Exhibit stable properties over the wide range of working temperatures, similar to their wrought equivalents.
- High specific strength, allowing components to be fabricated in smaller dimensions, saving component weight.
- High tensile and fatigue strength available in a non-galling bearing and bushing material
- Outstanding wear resistance when properly lubricated.